Everyone loves T-shirts. Nearly 90% of Americans own at least one to which they feel a sentimental attachment. At least 95% of people in the United States wear them and 62% possess more than 10. Custom t shirts screen printing is big business. Customized clothing has grown to be a $8 billion industry.
Custom printed apparel includes sports team uniforms. It can also include custom embroidered polo shirts and personalized hats. Companies often use custom t shirts screen printing for their uniforms. Some artists make personalized apparel to showcase their work. Political campaigns usually use custom t shirts screen printing to get their name circulated.
Tips for Designing Your T-Shirt
- Spend some time on the design and think through how it will look on a shirt. When designing your shirt, some up with several options and really think about how each will look when worn on a shirt. The way things look on paper may be very different from how they look on a person wearing a shirt.
- Keep it simple stupid. Detail is great but if you have a point you are trying to get across with your custom t shirts screen printing, it should be recognizable quickly and that means keeping the design concept simple. Some of the most memorable shirts are very simple.
- Who do you think will want your shirt? Who will wear your shirt? Are you going to market to men, women, children? This will impact the colors you use and the design you make. If you are promoting your business, think about who your customers are and what they like.
- Subtlety is your friend. Sometimes the best comedy is subtle and that is true with t-shirts as well. Humor goes a long way and people love to buy funny shirts but subtle humor that gets people thinking makes for some of the most marketable apparel.
- Pay attention to color and art. The software you use to design your shirts is important. You want the company that does the custom t shirts screen printing to accurately read the colors on your shirt. Your concept may be harder for the printer to decipher if you are not as explicit in showing what you want to the printer. If you can, use Pantone Colours. Colors may look different on your screen than theirs so do what you can to be as clear as possible.
- Research different weights and printers. Be careful in picking the company that will do the custom t shirts screen printing. Remember that different weights of shirt will impact how the final product looks. Talk to the printer about your options in getting the design on the shirt and what weights you have available in what colors. All of this changes how a design will appear on your final shirt. Doing research before hand and spending time talking to different printers will reduce the chances that your end product is very different from what you expected when you designed it.
Making customer t-shirts can be a lot of fun. It is a great way to spread the word about a cause or business. Have fun with the process, after all, if it is not fun, what’s the point?