This has been a summer of adventure and activity. That adventure and activity, though, was by design.
Your two teenage boys, who have always been active, made a plan that was a little bit overboard for this summer. With a goal to make sure that they used every piece of equipment that they have purchased from sports stores over the years. They pulled out a calendar and literally made a schedule for what days they would use the sporting goods that were stored in the closets, the basement, and the garage. One day they pulled out their roller blades and skateboards. Another day they dug out the fishing tackle and hunting gear and make plans for a weekend camping trip. Many of the activities were ones that they could do on their own, like the skateboarding. Other adventures, however, required the help of you and your husband.
Embracing your sons’ enthusiasm for staying active, though, was easy. As a result, your husband helped them plan a fishing and hunting adventure. The Boys Weekend, in fact, ended up being one of the favorites of the entire summer. So much so that the three have a couple other fishing adventures planned for the fall. if nothing else, it looks like the fishing equipment purchased from the sports stores in the area will finally get some real use.
Sports Stores Offer a Variety of Equipment and Activity Choices
Today’s teens get a bad wrap for their tendency to spend long afternoons inside the house, on the couch, playing video games. The reality, however, is that many teenagers would never spend a minute of daylight inside if they had their choice. They would be at the pool, at the lake, on their bikes, anywhere but on the couch.
- Staying active is a goal that many Americans should embrace. Taking advantage of the sports store purchases that you have already made is a unique way to approach the remaining days of the summer.
- Paddle boarding is an activity that has grown in popularity over the last few years. From paddle boarders who travel the entire distance of a lake to the latest paddle board yoga craze, all of these activities work on balance and core strength.
- On average, campers went on 4.97 camping trips in the year 2012.
- Research indicates that consumer spending on camping equipment reaches $1.8 billion a year.
- Through the process of regulating blood circulation and heart rate, rollerblading is on list of sports that enhance the cardiovascular system, according to the American Heart Association.
- In an average year, a typical hunter will spend $1,638 on this sport.
- Nearly 67% of camping families spend the majority of their time in public campgrounds in the year 2012.
- Gun shops not only sell their products, but some also offer classes at their on premise shooting ranges as well.
- Going on a long hike while you are vacationing in the mountains provides you with great exercise, as well as beautiful views that you simply cannot see from the car.
- One of the best ways to go camping is to travel with friends. In fact, 70% of all camping trips are taken with friends.
- Adventure clothing allows you to quickly go from one activity to the next without having to make major changes to your wardrobe.
- Letting your sporting equipment collect dust in the garage does not do anyone any good.
- Strength is required in many kinds of sports. In fact, the stress of firing a bow leads to proper muscle development in almost all muscle groups, including chest, shoulders, and back.