Many Americans love to give to charity, which is a truly noble endeavor. In fact, just over 95% of Americans participate at some level of charitable giving. For those wanting to donate, but afraid they don’t have enough money to make a difference, donations for non profit organizations are far more than financial in nature. Many choose to contribute to charities by donating their gently used clothes. There are many reasons to make clothing donations for non profit organizations and this article will be taking a look at a few of them.
- Donations Can be Picked Up At Your House: One reason to make clothing donations for non profit organizations is because they can be very easy to make. Many charitable and non profit organizations use a service where boxed-up donations can be picked up at your front door, eliminating the need to make a long drive to the donation center. This makes donating easy and accessible to those who might not have time or ability to make the trip themselves.
- It Keeps Excess Waste Out of the Landfill: Another reason to make clothing donations for non profit organizations is because doing so keeps excess waste out of the landfill. Currently, Americans only recycle or donate about 15% of their used clothing, while the rest, about 10.5 million tons a year, goes directly to the landfill where it can’t help anyone. By donating your used clothing, you’ll be keeping some of that waste from going to the landfill, which will help the environment in the long run.
- Your Charitable Donations Are Tax Deductible: A third reason to make clothing donations for non profit organizations is because your donations are tax deductible. You can receive a tax deduction up to the full value of the clothing you donate, which can add up quickly if you make a large donation of valuable clothing items.
- Clothing Donations Go to Help People in Need: A fourth reason to make clothing donations for non profit organizations is that your donations go to help people in need. An estimated 80% of donated clothing in the United States is used by charitable organizations for donation to the needy. These are people in need of clothing because of personal circumstances, or due to natural disaster, just to name a few examples.
- Donating Clothing Opens Up Space in Your Closet: And finally, a fifth reason to make clothing donations for non profit organizations is because donating clothes you no longer need or wear can open up valuable space in your closet. By removing unnecessary clothing items, it will become easier to organize the clothes you do use on a regular basis.
In conclusion, there are many reasons to donate clothing to charitable organizations. These reasons include being able to conveniently make donations that can be picked up at your doorstep, keeping excess waste out of the landfill, and your donations are tax deductible. Also, your donations will help people in need, and you open up space in your closet by donating clothes you no longer need. These are just a few of the reasons to donate clothing to charitable organizations.